Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lynyrd Skynyrd

You know you've started really getting into Guitar Hero when your mind seems to be on hiatus and your fingers just start hitting the notes by themselves. Have you noticed those times when you come to a difficult guitar solo and you know you just won't hit all those notes, but a few seconds later your multiplier is at x3? (For those of you not as familiar with Guitar Hero, you only get multipliers by hitting several notes in a row without missing any.) I was working on Guitar Hero II tonight, seeing if I could get 5 stars on "Freebird" (on medium), and a few times, my hands just took over and were playing notes faster than my mind could process them.

Then I start to realize I'm doing it, I start to think about it again, and I stop hitting every note.

So I beat my 3 stars that I got a while back the first time I went through the game on medium, and made 4 stars, but missed my 5.

Had time to do a full set this morning, but just trying to get 5 stars on "Freebird" was nearly as good a workout (though my left hand started to go numb about 2/3 of the way through).

No comments: